If you’ve experienced a fire in your home or office, the work is just beginning when the fire trucks pull away. Even a small fire can result in smoke damage and other problems, so it is essential that you enlist the help of a professional restoration service for the cleanup efforts.
These are the main steps that will be followed to ensure the success of the restoration of your home:
- Immediate Needs: We will start by looking for immediate needs that need to be addressed before the cleanup process begins, such as removing salvageable items in your home. Additionally, we will ask specific questions to properly plan the cleanup efforts.
- Assessing the Damage: This inspection process helps us to see how bad the soot and smoke is, so that we can put together a plan of action to cover all of your needs.
- Safety: The security of the building matters, and we will block the broken windows to prevent unwanted intruders. Tarps can also be used to close up portions of the roof that were damaged.
- Mold Prevention: In the case of fire damage, you can usually assume that water damage restoration is also needed since water was used to put out the fire. It is important to quickly clean up the water to prevent mold growth.
- Cleaning Soot and Smoke: Thorough cleaning methods need to be used to get rid of the smoke and soot in order to minimize the smell.
- Disinfecting: If items within the home can be salvaged, then they need to be sanitized. Food should be thrown away because it has been contaminated by the fumes and smoke. Specific cleaning techniques can be used to scrub surfaces and sanitize everything.
- Rebuilding: There are certain areas that will likely need to be rebuilt. These efforts might include the replacement of drywall, framing, repainting, flooring installation, and anything else that is needed.
As you can see, fire restoration takes quite a bit of work. To ensure the quality of your home, it is important that every step is followed and that you have the assistance of an expert team to help. For more information about fire restoration in San Diego, call West Coast Restoration at: (858) 207-6385