Air Duct Cleaning
Air Duct systems circulate the air in your home. Not surprisingly, they can get extremely dirty containing all the bacteria, pollen, skin flakes, decaying organic matter, fungi, hair, dust mites, viruses, textile fibers, and chemical residues that are circulated through them. Air ducts are also ripe environments for the growth of molds that produce allergens, toxins and irritants that may be harmful to your health.
Billions of dollars are spent each year to treat the symptoms of contaminated air. Instead of merely addressing the symptoms, you can deal with the cause by decontaminating the actual air in your home. Today, our homes and workplaces are airtight and energy-efficient. this means they trap pollutants and contaminants inside, which lowers the quality of the air we breathe. The american lung association estimates we spend 90% of our time indoors. Indoor air can be 2 -3 times more polluted then outdoor air, so it is easy to see how your home or workplace could be harmful to your health.
Some of the factors that lead to a build up of contaminants in air ducts
- Water damage
- Pet hair and dander
- Brush fires
- Burning incense
- Dirty carpets
- Dirty air filters
- Smoking or even nearby smoking
- Pest related problems (Mice, Rats, Termites)
- Leftover dust or soot from remodeling
HVAC System Cleaning
We clean and inspect all components of your air duct System in accordance with the standards set by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association as well as those set forth by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). When necessary, we utilize an EPA-approved biocide to disinfect all system components, including:
- Return system
- Air handler
- Heat exchanger
- Distribution plenum
- Supply duct-work.
- We carefully contact vacuum or air-wash your system’s blower for the deepest clean possible.
- Depending on its condition, the evaporator coil will be contact vacuumed or foam-washed, using a high-alkaline detergent that exfoliates and lifts the dirt from the coil’s center, where it will be rinsed or vacuumed away.
- The primary drain pan will be wiped down, and the technician will ensure that the drain is clear.
- All of the insulation will be contact-vacuumed.
- All hard surfaces will vacuumed and air washed, and then an EPA-approved sanitizer will be applied.
Supply & Return Ducts
- We connect the Negative-Air recovery unit to the supply duct-work and clean the branch runs.
- We move the debris toward the trunk with an air-agitator or contact brush system.
- When all the ducts are clean, we will clean the trunk by working back toward the recovery unit.
- If cutting a opening in the ductwork is necessary for access, we will repair and seal all openings air-tight to NADCA standards.
- We will use special metal patches, screws and mastic tape to completely seal all openings.
- If necessary, we will also repair/seal your insulation.
After Air-Duct Cleaning
- We will use an EPA-approved sanitizer and deodorizer to help keep your HVAC and duct system clean and unharmed by microorganisms, foul odors and particles.
- Deodorizers: Odor Eliminators are specially formulated for air-duct cleaning. The deodorizer attacks the odor at the source rather than masking it over. The odor will truly be eliminated.
What are some factors that lead to dirt build up in air ducts?
HVAC Maintenance Service Program
Highly Recommended Indoor Air Quality products
UVC MAX36 AIR PURIFYING SYSTEM GERMICIDAL UV LIGHT
This high efficiency purifier uses a proprietary UVC (germicidal, 253 nanometer) lamp to destroy chemical & biological contaminants including chemical odors. It is safe and effective in helping to eliminate airborne allergens, bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, and more. It reduces odors by treating the air/furnace with UV sterilization all day.
- 16″ Dual Bulb – Double the output of the typical single lamp
- Includes 1 UVC dual bulb, 36 Watt, High Output
- Allergy/Asthma relief
- Pennies a day to operate
- Low cost
- Produces no ozone
- 1 year warranty
- 12,000 hours bulb life
- Replacement bulbs available
- 120 volt, with power cord.
PERMANENT HIGH TECH ELECTROSTATIC AIR FILTERS (NEVER NEEDS REPLACEMENT)
Electrostatic air filters clean the air by using static electricity – a safe, naturally occurring phenomenon. An electrostatic charge is generated by air flowing through a maze of static prone fibers. Airborne particles are attracted and held by the static charge until released by washing. This illustration shows typical dust loading pattern of the electrostatic fibers. This unique characteristic improves air flow while providing maximum filtration.
Clean Filter Dirty Filter
REMOVES TINY MICRONS
The air you breathe contains many irritants such as pollen, dust, bacteria, mold spores, pet dander and smoke. Most of these particles are smaller than ten microns. Your Air-Care filter is an effective and efficient way to reduce the number of these particles in your air.
BENEFITS YOU CAN LIVE WITH
- Cleaner air to breathe
- No harmful ozone emissions
- Reduces pollen, dust and airborne pollutants
- Less housecleaning
- Never needs replacing
- Anti-microbial filter media
- Lifetime warranty
- High dust & particle holding capacity
- Cleaning is quick and easy